Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hobbits.....Not Little People

Obviously this story is more popular now since the movie just recently came out and was a massive hit. It's been a while since I've read the book but I did recently see the movie, though the movie only touched on part of the book because its being spilt into a trilogy. Can't wait to see the other two which I hope will be even more amazing than the first one.

Anyways, I love them both. This is probably my favorite type genres outside of horror because I feel "freedom" or like a sense of adventure that engulfs me. The quest they go on (I love to travel) so its not hard to get my imagination going when they begun the quest. Also from reading Lord of the Rings and seeing the movies, saw and read them both before I saw the Hobbit sadly. Kind of backwards since the Hobbit to place 80 yrs before the quest in the Lord of the Rings happened.

Bilbos journey with his companions captivated me from the get go, not hard to get stuck reading this when theres danger around every corner knowing that you have little friends and even more enemies. The fantasy landscape in another world, the magical civilizations (elfs) and the battles, everyone loves a good fight scene. But the main thing that keeps me reading is the ability to overcome struggle. You always have this sense of entrapment, like well they aren't going to escape from that. Or they can't win that battle, or they aren't going to find their way out of that with all those enemies. Yet time after time they do the impossible, even if I already know they are going to make it there is still the unexpected element of someone might die off. Which character could it be? How would the loss of that character affect the rest of the group and their journey? These are the things I ask myself while I'm reading.


It's just one epic story that I think everyone should go read before they go and watch it in theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment