Tuesday, February 26, 2013

C.S Lewis

For this week I decided to re-read one of the novels from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe written by C.S Lewis. I read this book when I was in 8th grade so it has been a while, and re-reading it after I've seen the movie was a little different. The movie was no were near as good as the book was and I don't usually say that even though most people do. So now that I know the plot of the book, the characters, all setting and what to expect, I could look out for certain things that I might have no caught onto the first time, digging deeper into the book I guess you could say.

One thing I noticed was key traits by the main characters, and what I took away from the novel. Like how loyalty was a big part in this book, the main characters were brothers and sisters and they needed to bond. And what I mean by that is they couldn't abandon each other because they were all they had. So what happens, one of the brothers is tempted by the witch with a piece of turkish delight ( which is like a sweet treat ). Typical kid right? Oh hey little boy I have some candy, come with me, and then he falls for the trick. Pretty much thats what happened to sum that up.

But in all fairness he wasn't the oldest so he felt like he was in the shadow of his brother. And that always happens, no one wants to be under someone else, especially if it has to do with family. Thats usually the case with family betrayal, one feels lesser and they want the power or right or claim to what they think they deserve. We see this a lot with the brothers that are coming into the right of power as they become of age, not as much with the sisters in the family.

Overall this is a really good book and a really good series that I think everyone should go read.

No comments:

Post a Comment